Monday, 13 May 2013

Wedding Part 1

Weddings.....most of us love a wedding don't we?
Well, I certainly do and at the start of the year I was asked if I'd be happy to make some favours and decorations for the forthcoming wedding of the lovely Jeremy & Meredith. 
I was pretty darn excited, my first wedding and with a pink and green colour palette and lots of lovely different fabrics, I couldn't wait to get started. 
I wasn't going to let the fact that I'd never made a cushion, let alone a ring cushion, before, nor had I ever made 'proper' bunting, you know, the double sided kind, with handmade bias binding, on a sewing machine, get in my way, no siree!

First off, the favours, tied onto the napkins for each setting, along with a hand stamped name tag, with pretty 'happily ever after' ribbon from notonthehighstreet.com, 61 of these were made, all cut by hand, all stuffed by hand, all stitched by hand, 
a labour of love and I LOVE the colours...

The personalised ribbons used on each horseshoe, were made by myself of course, using my good old pc, printer, picmonkey.com and some iron on fabric transfer paper...easy.

Now for the bunting, I didn't know I'd find it so satisfying making bunting! It could be a new addiction.
Hot iron, sewing machine, long pokey thing to turn out the pointy ends of each flag (I used the blunt end of a bamboo skewer), choosing the fabric order.... 
I'm rock'n'roll all the way me!

Two sets of bunting were made, the first set with the groom and bride-to-be's names on it and the second with 'Just Married'. It's hard to photograph bunting at home but here goes...


For the ring cushion I kept it simple, using some of the bunting fabrics, I made an easy envelope fold cushion cover, adding the the ribbons for the rings and some personalisation too. I even made the cushion pad, go me!

I can't wait to see all the photos of the bunting and favours from the day, I'm hoping to show you some in a future Wedding Part 2 blog post soon!
This leaves me to just wish the happy couple a wonderful married life together, I already know they had an amazing wedding day as I've seen some pics of the fun, I might be able to sneak in a pic of them to show you too!
   

love from 
x x x

3 comments:

Nadine Thomas said...

The use of the transfer paper on the cushion really makes the ring cushion. A fantastic first attempt at cushion making! (I've not tried the transfer paper but it has been on my list of things to do!).

Nadine Thomas said...

The way you used the transfer paper on the ring cushion is fantastic and it makes the cushion really stand out. Well done!

Traceyr said...

These are fantastic - I love the bunting idea for a wedding. You have made an excellent job. :)